Kindle - Do all Kindles have very poor touch screen responses?

Do all Kindles have very poor touch screen responses or have I just got a bad one ?

Reply to
fred

I've not found that to be an issue. My main gripe with (real) Kindles is that they're locked down to work only with Amazon.

I now have a Kobo reader which is much more open.

Reply to
Chris Green

You have a bad one or fingers it doesn't like. My PaperWhite works fine.

Reply to
zall

Not very surprising. They are an Amazon product.

Reply to
charles

I assume you have removed the protective plastic on the screen :)

Reply to
alan_m

I thought it was adjustable like on most tablets. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I went for Kobo as that meant I could get digital books from my local library for it.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

AOL.

And it handles all my text books and my model is waterproof, useful as I do most of my reading in the bath.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Well Kobo is a Rakuten product and while it's imed at working with their book selling it, as I said, can also use many other book formats and sites. Much better than a Kindle.

Reply to
Chris Green

but then Kovid created Calibre software...

Reply to
Robin

I do thatb on my iPad mini

Reply to
charles

I went with Kindle, for the same reason. I can borrow books from the Highland library system in Scotland, as well as one in the US.

Reply to
S Viemeister

When I bought my Kobo, which was quite a long time ago, the Kindle was not compatible with the format used by my local library.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

You may laugh, but I returned a mattress to ikea under their comfort guarantee. It was only as we were wrapping it up for collection that I realised we had been sleeping on the wrong side.

Reply to
GB

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Neither my kindle or my tablet has an adjustable touch screen.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They’re all slow compared to a modern phone or tablet. I suspect the processor speed just isn’t up to snappy touch response.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Who cares about their speed? As long as the pages turn when you want there's no need for speed. What they do, far better than a phone or tablet, is provide readable text that is readable in all situations whether bright sunlight or deep shade.

They also often have simpler/easier ways to page through a book (pseudo book) as you read it since they are dedicated to providing that.

Reply to
Chris Green

... and of course run for days or even weeks on a single charge.

Reply to
Chris Green

I have a Kindle Paperwhite which is a few years old but it happily reads mobi files from sources other than Amazon. Can't remember whether it copes with epub as I don't have any recent files in that format, but Calibre will convert files to mobi or azw.

Reply to
John Miller

There's a lot of different models. I bet the very first one was gutless.

Devices 2.1 First generation 2.1.1 Kindle 2.2 Second generation 2.2.1 Kindle 2 2.2.2 Kindle 2 international 2.2.3 Kindle DX 2.2.4 Kindle DX international 2.2.5 Kindle DX Graphite 2.3 Third generation 2.3.1 Kindle Keyboard 2.4 Fourth generation 2.4.1 Kindle 4 2.4.2 Kindle Touch 2.5 Fifth generation 2.5.1 Kindle 5 2.5.2 Kindle Paperwhite (first iteration) 2.6 Sixth generation 2.6.1 Kindle Paperwhite (second iteration) 2.7 Seventh generation 2.7.1 Kindle 7 2.7.2 Kindle Voyage 2.7.3 Kindle Paperwhite (third iteration) 2.8 Eighth generation 2.8.1 Kindle Oasis (first iteration) 2.8.2 Kindle 8 2.9 Ninth generation 2.9.1 Kindle Oasis (second iteration) 2.10 Tenth generation 2.10.1 Kindle Paperwhite (fourth iteration) 2.10.2 Kindle (10th generation) 2.10.3 Kindle Oasis (third iteration) 2.11 Eleventh generation 2.11.1 Kindle Paperwhite (fifth iteration)

Paul

Reply to
Paul