Kensington/CPC - suckered again !

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian Brentnall saying something like:

Last time I had to return a dodgy speaker (not Michael Martin) to CPC, they sent out a post paid label, no probs.

Aye. I've tried that and some CS bint called me up to tell me that Parcelforce (their contractor at the time) didn't deliver to RoI. I told her she was talking a crock of horseshit. PF deliver to RoI and then hand it over to An Post. All it needed was a slight degree of flexibility on their part and bung on an extra couple of quid - plenty of other companies manage it, no problem.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I had something similar for a portable CD player when they first appeared. It was a complete dead loss, so I soldered an audio lead to the volume control of the car radio/cassette, and put a 3.5 mm jack on the other end, which I plugged into the CD player. Worked brilliantly, but this may not be so easy nowadays with built-in car radios.

John

Reply to
John J Armstrong

Sorry, but why are you having to pay the cost of return

You should be able to get a returns no and either send it freepost or get them to collect is this not vallid in the emerald isle ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

If you need something couriering over to Eire - I use fastway - book of

5 tickets for £19.95 / consignment
Reply to
geoff

I've had great success with one of these -

brass monkey

for posting that. Mine arrived today. Works well in a Polo!

Reply to
Adrian C