What is being built here (Kensington)

I came across this on Google Map - looks like a building is going to be slid into position. Any ideas:

JohnP

JohnP snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com wrote in news:XnsAC2FCF7F523C9JohPnowherecom@

81.171.92.222:

Aah - It is One Kensington Gardens. I see different dates depending which way I browse Street View.

Reply to
JohnP

Something odd about your link keeping streetview stuck in 2012 for that area.

If you search for "De Vere Gardens" then use the streetview history feature, you can see the old building there in 2008/9, then your building site in 2012/2014 and the new building from 2015 onwards

Andy Burns

What that shows are stacked modular portakabins housing on-site offices changing rooms and canteens adjacent to what looks like a deep excavation, and where there was no room on site at ground level.

They were probably assembled in one or two days direct off of the backs of lorries and will take the same time to remove.

michael adams

michael adams

Looks to me like a large block of temporary huts, that won't fit on the actual site. Thus the 'corridor'.

Reply to
Bob Eager

"michael adams" snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in news:rj0rtb$k1q$1 @dont-email.me:

Many thanks - it looked a bit good to be work cabins - but it is London!

Reply to
JohnP

John Caudwell and Modestas new house ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Six million for a two bed! Thirty million for an apartment(flat) !!

All that money to live in London. Some people have more money than sense.

Reply to
soup

soup brought next idea :

Someone would need to pay me, to live there :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

More a matter of safely banking ill-gotten gains. It would be handy to have somewhere to stop over for the odd visit, though.

Reply to
newshound

I'd do it for thirty million :)

Actually it occurs to me if this required me to spend the rest of my life in London - I wouldn't!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris