Just a Saturday grumble....

In the (so wonderful I cannot express) kitchen there is a three light cluster with GU10 50W halogens. They shine through a nice plastic 'halo' thing.

One of the bulbs blew, and after cleaning grease, dust, dead flies etc. off the 'halo' I removed the bulb to replace it. Well, partly removed the bulb. It wouldn't fit through the central hole of the 'halo'.

As I unscrewed the retaining screws of the 'halo' (one loose, the other removed so I could swing it out of the way) I wondered how many average householders would have a small crossthread screwdriver available for this little task.

The central hole could have been made marginally larger and the bulb would have gone in and out without a problem.

So why make the hole too small? Some wierd safety device to stop the bulb falling out (not seen in any other lights including the other one at the other end of the kitchen)? Or have GU10 bulbs grown marginally since the light fitting was made?

Grumble.......

Reply to
David WE Roberts

The hole is too small to annoy you. Especially when you build up the fitting up when it is new without reading the intructions and you then try to fit the bulbs.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Wadsworth