San Yang Pai Hood Bulb (2023 Update)

San Yang Pai Hood Bulb open original image
San Yang Pai Hood Bulb open original image

We have a San Yang Pai CY-968 range hood in our home. It was there when we bought it and is apparently more of a professional level hood? Anyway, the light bulb burned out soon after we moved in and so I went out and replaced it, but the bulb burned out soon afterwards. The problem seems to be that regular light bulbs can't handle the heat and vibration so it needs an appliance bulb.

The problem is that the opening for the bulb will not accommodate a standard appliance bulb. See photos. The base needed is a standard size bulb base, but the opening will only accommodate a long cylindrical type bulb. So far, I've found appliance light bulbs with the regular base, but they are "standard shape" bulbs and are too wide. I've found some smaller cylindrical appliance bulbs (mostly for microwaves) but they have smaller bases.

I've not been able to find anything like this or even much about the hood itself other than that it seems to be one used more for small commercial use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bryan

Reply to
Bryan Boling

Ah, I see what the issue is here with your San Yang Pai CY-968 range hood. It sounds like you're running into trouble finding the right light bulb to fit. No need to worry though, I've got you covered!

First things first, let's talk about why regular light bulbs won't work for this hood. Range hoods generate a lot of heat and vibration, which can cause regular light bulbs to burn out quickly. That's why it's important to use an appliance bulb that's specifically designed to handle these conditions.

The problem you're facing is that the opening for the bulb on your hood won't accommodate a standard appliance bulb. From what you're describing, it looks like you need a cylindrical-shaped bulb with a standard base. However, the opening is too small for the standard shape bulbs, and the smaller cylindrical bulbs have smaller bases.

Here's what I would suggest to help you find the right bulb:

  • Check the manufacturer's website or contact customer service to see if they have any information on compatible light bulbs for your hood.

  • Look for a specialty light bulb store that might carry a wider variety of appliance bulbs.
  • Consider measuring the dimensions of the bulb opening and using that information to search for compatible bulbs online.
  • If all else fails, you could try reaching out to a professional electrician or appliance repair person to see if they have any suggestions.

In terms of tools and materials you'll need, you'll just need a ladder to reach the hood and a screwdriver to remove and replace the bulb.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor