Cooker hood, dismantle

Anyone know how to dismantle this cooker hood (being resited) I can only see 4 screws at the top next to ceiling everything else appears to be internal and dont want to start detaching everything if there is a simpler way. Must be a generic hood as no brand name on it, so unable to google it.

SS

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Jonathan

Its similar but I checked their website and not the same one. From the pic you can see the main stack slides over the fitting next to the ceiling and held by 4 screws. Anyone got any ideas what holds the main stack on to the ceiling part or how it is constructed.

Reply to
SS

I would guess that you remove the screws and you will find that there is a frame attached to the ceiling that holds it in place.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I would guess that you remove the screws and you will find that there is a frame attached to the ceiling that holds it in place.

Jonathan

You could be right as i can see no other way, I will pack up the area between cooker and the base of the hood and undo the 4 screws so when it propels itself downward it only has a few mm to fall as I suspect with the motor, glass etc there will be some weight in it.

Reply to
SS

They are not usually *that* heavy... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Not heavy my a..! Must have been 15 kilos in the thing :-) Anyhow eventually got it sussed and dismantled ready for moving. Awkward thing to dismantle as I reckon the bulk of the weight is in the glass canopy and that cant be removed until it is taken down. Fun will begin trying to get it resited, although at least I now know how it is put together.

Reply to
SS