jewelers screwdriver needed

I figured. It seems as thought many of the universities in different countries that were either previously the UUCP country hub or major Internet connection point before it became commercial, have /16s

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, that's what we were. One of the very early UNIX adopters, too...July 1976!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I can remember having a UUCP connection to UKC in about 1980..... The phone bills were quite something.

Reply to
Andy Hall

From where?

(our first connection was a once-a-night dialup from the States; an ex-student did it from his employer's...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

In the UK. Maybe it was a couple of years later. IIRC, UKC was offering UUCP dialin access for email and small file transfer at one point, but wasn't overtly promoting it as a commercial service.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , G&M writes

Thanks, I'll take a look again, couldn't find them last time I tried.

Reply to
bof

And if past experience is anything to go by has got ukc.* confused with uk.* and thinks this is a University of Kent (in Canterbury) local newsgroup.

Reply to
Stephen Gower

In message , Mary Fisher writes

He just didn't expect there to be so many tools out there

Reply to
raden

Does that deserve a :-) ?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In message , Mary Fisher writes

Prolly, I just don't do emoticons ...

Reply to
raden

I didn't know if you were deliberately being ambiguous.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher