Japanese Toilets

I've just returned from Japan and have been inspired by their amazing toile ts that wash your nether regions!
I've searched on here and not found much recent but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or recent experience of fitting one here?
Toto Washlet seem to be the major name there. I looked in local shops there and prices seemed to start at about £250 but here it looks like the m inimum will be £1,000 up to £10,000!!!!
just keep a tub or tube of Aqueous Cream handy and save all that money.........
They are interesting and have been around for a good many years, indeed back in the days of the Ideal Home Exhibitions, I can remember several companies trying to get them established here. Probably quite crude in those days they never seemed to catch on here.
Of course you can get bling for toilets, like cisterns that have lcd screens with swimming fish or illuminated and heated/padded seats, etc, but these are just gimmicks unless you are double jointed or spend ours on the loo. I'm sure a mobile phone saving system might be popular. Brian
--
----- --

if you Shite like a seagull you spend little time in there .......

rubber...Mmmmmmmmm

heal thyself then.....

I don’t leak.

So speaks the progeny of the Botany Bay class :-)
--
Graeme

wrote in message news:rOwaejBFB1+cFw

scumbags...tee hee
In message

All very individual, I know. It just works for me, rarely dump more than once a day. About to go for today's performance (TMI !), then shower, job done :-) Wee, on the other hand ...
--
Graeme

On 09/06/2019 07:58, Graeme wrote:

better still, don't wee on the other hand...
On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 11:11:10 -0700 (PDT), Murmansk

It's the transport cost that kills importing sanitaryware into Europe from the Far East, or at least it used to. Sanitaryware is cheaply made in Eastern Europe, and transport costs are much less. And the Japanese have an obsession about personal hygiene. So toilets with bottom-washing sprays sell well over there.(When ceramic scissors first came on the market, they sold like hot cakes in Japan to ladies who trimmed their pubic hair. Apparently it's quite a common practice, and the ceramic scissors were much sharper and regarded as more hygienic than SS ones).
Tableware is different - you can get an awful lot of cups, saucers and plates into a container, but not nearly so many toilets or lavatories (hand basins to you!).
--

Chris

wonder how many people have been electrocuted by one of them? ......are men more at risk than wummin' ? ......
when I was handing out kooncil grants for the installation of the standard amenities in the late 70's and early 80's only one wummin ever installed a bidet .......we thought she was dead posh .....

There are German ones which are pretty solid, Duravit Sensowash is the one I fitted. They are well engineered and slightly bigger than the Japanese ones (which are made to fit generallys smaller persons). But not cheap.
https://www.duravit.co.uk/products/toileshing/sensowash_shower_toilet.com-en.html
A caveat with all spray bidets is that you can (for practical purposes) only comply with the WRAS regs by giving it its own separate header tank, at least 10m above the toilet in the case of the Sensowash.
--

Roger Hayter

PS The latest Sensowash claims to comply with the German water regs without an external air gap, hence not needing a header tank. But I can't find out how they claim to comply. And the UK regs imply that for automatic building control approval they have got to be an individually appproved type by the particular local water board (ok, that's not what their called). If an individual plumber/BCO refused to agree that it was compliant despite not being type-approved you could take them the ECJ demanding equal treatment to the Germans, but Brexit will close that avenue. Some might think it simpler to dispense with Building Regs approval, but don't tell anyone I did that.
--

Roger Hayter

On Friday, 7 June 2019 21:19:29 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:

like the

om-

Probably fitted with double non-return valves in the water supply.

Not adequate for category 5 pollution risk according to WRAS.
--

Roger Hayter

On Friday, 7 June 2019 21:10:57 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:

I can't see the council letting me have a 3 storey water tower on the roof.
Although it would be about the only way I could get terrestrial television.
Owain

A pump is an alternative; still hardly a convenient solution.
--

Roger Hayter