Japanese Toilets

it's a shame Huge no longer posts here, he researched this and I think installed one

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Not adequate for category 5 pollution risk according to WRAS.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Do you mean pumps or toilets can't be used? Spray bidets can't be used on mains pressure because there is a requirement for an air gap in the supply.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Two kinds of bidet. Rim washing ones are ok with a double check valve. Spray ones are category five foul backflow risks and require an air gap. No idea if the rules are the same in Scotland. Didn't you normally let plumbers certify their own work? Not all of them know what they are doing.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

And that's why hardly any were silly enough to buy it and no one used it when they were silly enough to buy it.

Reply to
Jimbo

So did I. It would be interesting to compare conclusions.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

heal thyself then.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

So speaks the progeny of the Botany Bay class :-)

Reply to
Graeme

Great idea - but simpler to adjust your bowel habits to fit in with your showering habits.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

scumbags...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Well I?ve been using it for the best part of ten years now. Simple, reliable, efficient, but not regulation compliant.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

All very individual, I know. It just works for me, rarely dump more than once a day. About to go for today's performance (TMI !), then shower, job done :-) Wee, on the other hand ...

Reply to
Graeme

better still, don't wee on the other hand...

Reply to
Richard

He got fed up with the politics.

Reply to
Bob Eager

How do they heat the water? Surely there must be a delay leading to chillie willies. (there was once an icepop called Chillie Willie)

Reply to
billyorange007

They tend to either have a small heated tank or use in-line electric heating like an electric shower. Traditional bidets tend to have a mxer tap with hot and cold supplies with all the problems of delayed hot water and changing temperatures that non-thermostatic mixer taps have.

Reply to
Roger Hayter