Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

I didn't notice anyone whining - just a touch of advice to say that speeding 'just a bit' might not be a safe option. I do notice a potential serious problem in your personality that might need remedial action before it causes you any more grief.

Reply to
John Cartmell

|>>A heavy drinker isn't necessarily an alcoholic. Addiction means you simply |>>*can't* stop without external help. |>

|> Dave (the other one I assume your making the mistake of talking |> to) works with alkies and cant see that the majority of people |> are not like that.

When in the RAF I did drink, but not to excess. The effects on me were absolutely horrendous. Many of the ordinary drinkers who I knew in the RAF were going downhill fast, but non of them could see it :-(

|> For the record Dave F, I dont think alcohol has no effect and Ive |> never met anybody who did, however the small amount you mentioned |> doesnt, but why am I bothering? Youre too pig headed to ever hear |> anything you didnt already "know".

Having worked as a volunteer for the Bradford Curry Project and other local Soup Runs for *many* years, I know all about the disastrous effects of alcohol on people. Their lives are *very* brutal and short. The local drunks actually greet me with "Hi Dave".

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

79, surely. Or is the % a mipsrint?

I heard that they allow 10% error each on your speedo and their speed trap, so 85mph is about the level you'd likely to risk being caught. But make sure your speedo is accurate if you try it.

And lots of kudos if it's a govt minister or a HRH.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That fits the 10% + 10% rule. Of course the person's speedo could have been reading low.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

32mph was the figure on the documentation and the estimate by the driver previously (when everyone assured that driver that a ticket wouldn't be issued).
Reply to
John Cartmell

John Cartmell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cartmell.demon.co.uk:

It's certainly unusual. 32mph is probably 10% below the speed he was clocked at, but it's still less than 10% higher (only by 1mph) than a speedo reading 30mph. This particular force must use tighter margins than the ones I have anecdotally had told to me.

I shall make sure I never estimate my speed as being higher than the limit!

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

|It's certainly unusual. 32mph is probably 10% below the speed he was |clocked at, but it's still less than 10% higher (only by 1mph) than a |speedo reading 30mph. This particular force must use tighter margins |than the ones I have anecdotally had told to me. | |I shall make sure I never estimate my speed as being higher than the |limit!

I have my speedo calibrated against my GPS, which gives me a few more MPH.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

There are even more functioning alcoholics out there than there are down and outs through drink. You'll probably know several.

The abuse of alcohol effects all social classes. The poor may end up in the gutter, the better off probably not.

You really need to do some proper research.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Following up to Adrian Tupper

I just use the speed limit for Gatsos etc, how can I know they didnt change the rules since I last heard? I had a really tedious journey across Cornwall and Devon the other day. A patrol car doing exactly 70 with a jam behind him. I drove at 70 too with cruise on, which resulted in a slo-mo overtake (not comfortable with that) then when I slowed to 60 for a series of bends he went past at 70 again (too fast IMHO) then we repeated the whole thing again.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Adrian Tupper

do you mean 10% +2?

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Mike Barnes

I knew the sums would be too hard! :-)

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Absolutely not. They measure you doing 40 and say you're doing 36. You speedo says you're doing 30 but you could be doing 33.

In this case, you still get nicked.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

He must have been really bored.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

Following up to Adrian Tupper

I thought they measure you doing 36 and you thought you were doing 40?

I thought Speedos always over-read?

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Adrian Tupper

I would think so. I assume he's been told to follow the limits, the police used to either potter along well below the limit or drive above them, to avoid such situations, I suspect that has changed and he was going round bends etc at 70 out of frustration.. BTW campaigners who disaprove of mobile speed camera vans have been videoing the camera vans speeding between catching other people speeding!

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Then you're definitely nicked.

You're given the benefit of the doubt.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

Following up to Adrian Tupper

wont that depend on the speed limit?

I thought the margin wasn't for duff speedos but was to avoid people staring at the speedo rather than the road (doesnt work too well of course). You could make the speedo misread by fitting the wrong wheels of course. (I should say we are not talking swimwear here).

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The speed limit here is 30, sir. Did you not see the sign?

You'd only be kidding one person, of course.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

Following up to Adrian Tupper

Never 'appens. Nowadays its a brown envelope with a NIP in it. The operative kipping in the van doesnt even wave as you go by.

with the Speedos? No, its obvious for all to see.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Adrian Tupper

I think payment is less unfair and more workable than things like restriction by number plate. I don't understand how the traffic light idea might work.

perhaps you don't really need it.

Reply to
The Reid