Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reduced priority for cars heading into congested areas. Of course all it does is to move the congestion elsewhere, but at least people can choose.

I don't think so. Our "gridlock" is nothing compared with yours. Our council has a history of trying to solve problems that don't exist. Their last lot of road restrictions were ridiculed so much that they reversed the lot, after spending £££s on them.

Didn't one city - Copenhagen perhaps - do away with traffic planning? No more no entry nor one way signs. The result was an improved circulation!

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

Following up to Adrian Tupper

there's a theory that if you remove all banned turns, white paint etc from a city centre cars go slowly but directly. Less accidents, less traffic.

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Less polution...

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

But there you have the key. Road planning in this country is done mostly by anti private motorist councils. Therefore, the whole point is to cause congestion for at least two reasons:

1) They hope that people will get frustrated and revert to the horse and cart, (stops the proles getting about so easily you see). 2) They can point to the congestion and say "Oh dear, look at that. Something must be done. How about screwing the motorist a little more?"
Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Since everyone seems to be offtopic here, I would just comment that since you are not alone on the road, also during the night, it might happen that someone else do think the same, it's no danger in driving in 110 mph during the night, then bypass someone not driving that fast on a twolane road with no barring btw. opposite direction and then meet you, also driving in 110 mph, in front of you.

Well, it happens, and until E18 in Vestfold, Norway, this happened almost weekly :-( About 100-250 killed every year over a distance of a few km :-( Now, that road is history as E18 and killed are reduced to about 1 in a year (declared a very safe road, it took only 3 months before a lady crashed into a tunnel wall at about 130 mph (almost 200 km/h :-( ) (Limit is 100 km/h). It is generally known that Norwegian drivers love speed running their cars, and is the most fined population in Sweden, seldomly caught at lower speeds than 130-140 km/h in zones with 100 km/h etc. (I think many of them are also caught in US, but then there is very luttle that police can do due to lack of regulations)

Reply to
Alf Christophersen

But this was 32mph on a road just before a 70mph area. Your extrapolation went beyond stretching limits! ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

Following up to Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I think its mostly done by traffic planners who have exhausted what can usefully be done and are just carrying on spending a road improvement budget.

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think it is done by traffic planners creating jobs for themselves.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

If you try to speed the car even 1m before the limit changes, you are caught over here. Also in the night. Police need money from fining you.

Reply to
Alf Christophersen

I won't pick up the political point - just point out that you have entirely missed the point I was making.

Reply to
John Cartmell