Is tooth brushing water from hot tap safer than from cold tap?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On Tue, 09 May 2006 13:29:50 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" |> wrote: |> |> |In article , |> | Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> |> |It's near impossible to get a *zero* alcohol count in the blood. |> | |> |> How so? I haven't drunk alcohol for years. |> | |> |It occurs naturally in some foodstuffs. And IIRC is generated by some |> |bodily processes. |> |> As a dedicated foodie, **very** little. Home made mince meat which smells |> of alcohol has the alcohol boiled off when June made Mince Pies. | |Lots in fresh bread.

No alcohol at all in the finished product. It has all been evaporated off in the cooking.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

In article , Alf Christophersen writes

In that case they can come and apply that to the driving that doesn't happen on the A14 in Cambridgeshire. Mind you, it'd never be enforced as all the bobbies, the ones outside of the box, are in the station being too PC.

And to think we're gonna get the misguided bus..as effective as pissing on a house fire;(.......

Reply to
tony sayer

Mm. I'll bake you some sometime.

Most definitely NOT all evaporated off...need to leave it about an hour to get rid of it all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Following up to Adrian Tupper

a problem that could be corrected by drivers who think themself safe non aggressive drivers but who sit in the middle lane with the left one free thus both allowing the undertake to be possible and causing the L3 queue in the first place.

On an emptyish daytime dry motorway I dont think 80 or 90 carried any significant risk at all and we arent driving the cars we were when the 70 limit came in.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to David Hansen

that may be true of urban traffic, its not true on the sort of journey where time taken is of any significance.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Adrian Tupper

even better don't hit as many or do so very slowly because you slowed where you couldn't see. Nobody does this or encourages it.

Yes there is, drive very slowly where that is possible, faster where it isn't.

and wont be ended by strict speed limit enforcement, in fact removing driver judgment from the equation will possibly do the opposite for concentration.

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to Adrian Tupper

so you *would* support a 10 mph urban speed limit?

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to dennis@home

or probably most high fronted 4x4s with or without roo bars. although the official vehicle safety info doesnt show this, marking down some cars like the Audi TT because you may bang your head on something very hard just under the bonnet. I dont know if they take account of being knocked down rather than up and they ignored my enguiry. Then theres poorer steering, poorer braking.......

Reply to
The Reid

hah. I'd love to see them out with radar guns busting all the joggers doing 11mph on the pavement.

AND all the cyclists doing 15mph.

I did hear an apocryphal story of a horse clocked at 35mph galloping through a '30mph' village once..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:28:25 +0100 someone who may be The Natural Philosopher wrote this:-

Motor vehicle speed limits don't apply to human or animal powered vehicles.

Reply to
David Hansen

Does the law apply to cyclists and pedestrians in the same way as it does to motors? ;)

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Following up to The Natural Philosopher

I saw numbers for that, sauces etc with alcohol only burn off

*most* in routine cooking, so Daves an alky after all, but why does he care about trace alcohol anyway? Oh yes, I remember.
Reply to
The Reid

Following up to The Reid

also (picking up your 30 point) It might be a good idea to move all the speed enforcement away from 70 limit roads to 30 ones and instead of having speed cameras on wide roads where people tend to ignore speed limits concentrate them on 30 and 20 roads that are a pedestrian accident risk I think a government initiative that went "OK, lets drop the ignored 70 Mway limit and let people get on with journeys but lets give up some of the time saved by driving slowly where there are people, putting a speed camera outside every school and in every shopping road and a 30 limit through every village, (they wont make money of course as only the small % of people speed in those places, but it will save lives without slowing journeys or making driving a pain in the butt, I would have thought)

Reply to
The Reid

Following up to David Hansen

If I get a NIP in the post, can I return it on the basis my car uses horsepower?

Reply to
The Reid

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, I believe the pedestrian should be protected more. Idiots speeding through residential areas are probably the worst offenders of all.

They may make money. It's not unusual for the limit to be 20mph outside schools and I think this is frequently ignored.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

We already have 20mph in sensitive places and I don't think moving to

10mph is going to help. If it does, then I would rather the road is closed completely and traffic is routed somewhere away from pedestrians as a 10mph road is next to useless for most.
Reply to
Adrian Tupper

David Hansen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Interesting. Mind you, I'm not aware of any of these causing serious accidents.

(but someone will no doubt find a story or a statistic)

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

The Reid wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

motorway

Usually. But I dispise them regardless the angle they come from.

Undertaking is OK IMO in such circumstances. Just don't pull out until you're safely enough in front to do so.

Indeed. But as I say, as long as drivers keep a safe distance. Many a pile-up can be prevented.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper

Guy King wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk:

Probably more pleasant than sniffing evo stick.

Reply to
Adrian Tupper