Air in cold water tap

Hi,

After fixing the washer on my cold water kitchen tap - thanks people for the help - I now get a funny sound which I assume is trapped air when I half open the tap. Is this simply an issue of turning off the mains and turning it back on to clear the trapped air?

I think last time I left the tap open when the water was switched off and then turn the water back on at the mains. Should I have had the tap closed before switching the water back on?

Thanks,

John.

Reply to
John Smith