IR Beam Switch

Can anyone point me in the direction of an IR beam switch that I can use instead of a PIR for outdoor courtesy lighting? I've hunted all over the web for info but can't find anything.

Ideally I'd like one that uses a reflector so the transmitter and receiver are in one box - I know they exist because they were using them to control the flushes on the urinals in the hotel we stayed in in Crete :)

Reply to
Danny Monaghan

do an indoor one for £32.29 - SR04409 this uses a reflector one end. It has a 7M range Works on 9-15v DC, so you would need to make something up to switch mains lighting on for a set period.

Reply to
Sparks

search for RS stock number 331-613

I also failed to find those, but that was many many years ago. The magic word is "retroreflective" if you'd like to try searching for that.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

there's one kicking around on the moon ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Maplin do a two piece one that you could mount together and add a reflector.

more DIY than the ones most people buy though.

Reply to
dennis

Five actually.

Graham