Internet car sales

That's odd. Whois didn't provide anything for tbtmail.uk when I tried earlier, but it does now. The adverts in the name of garrythegrout have all disappeared from ebay as well.

There goes my chance of getting a 12k car for 4k. :-)

Reply to
Bill

En el artículo , Bill escribió:

Could you have tried tbtmail.co.uk? ^^ Both domains registered recently - 13 June this year

Shady as f*ck.

The current nom de plume appears to be "clint.viola"

"please contact the owner ( snipped-for-privacy@tbtmail.uk) only by email!"

"if it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is" is the advice here

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yes. Iv'e heard of someone buying a car online and beinga asked to meet the seller in a Hotel carpark to view the car and with cash in hand. He was assaulted and the cash stolen.

Reply to
fred

Not watched enough films featuring drug deals had he?

Don't take the cash.

Have it round the corner in a mate's pocket.

Once its clear the car exists, and there are no toughs hanging round, call him.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wont stop you getting beaten up

tim

Reply to
tim...

may if yuu say 'cash is with a mate, and he is calling the police as we speak, because I didn't give him te thumbs up sign'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, today there are 36 new adverts for Land Rovers, Audis etc., all in Birkenhead, all with a similar format, all using what may be one "borrowed" identity.

I would have thought by now if the aim was a mugging, someone would have called the cops.

Perhaps it's just a bored teenager playing?

Reply to
Bill

En el artículo , Bill escribió:

you can be bloody sure if they do exist and are actually in Birkenhead, they won't be legit!

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

And the listings all disappeared by about 3pm. Funny, that.

Reply to
Bill

Provided you still have a phone. Better for the mate to have clear sight from inside a locked car, with a phone and ready to lean on the horn.

Reply to
newshound

I believe my old friends in the Office of Nuclear Regulation in Bootle now have a secure car park. At one time they used to have to regularly collect their cars from around the local young offenders centre, where they were left after being borrowed by visitors.

Reply to
newshound