palet sales on the internet

Does anyone know about the pallet sales companies that pop up on some web pages as adds ?

They show a whole pallet or bin of stuff for almost nothing. The stuff seems to be returns and other discontinued items the stores just want to get rid of without paying a landfill. Like $ 10 to $ 20 and maybe $ 10 shipping.

Do the companies really ship out the stuff or just take your money and run ?

From the looks of all the stuff in one $ 30 shipment even if you can make one item work and junk all the other stuff it may be worth it.

Here is one of many:

Ralph Mowery

I've never seen nor heard of these.

Google streetview might give you a clue - this one's head office :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

I had already used the streetview and it took me to the same place.

Just because the add gives you an address and other things and even takes you to a web page does not mean you get anything. Or they could show a larg a pallet and you get an envelope in the mail with a hat in it.

I bought some Reeboch shoes on line from a company one time and instead of shoes I got an envelope with a T-shirt that would fit my grandson. After 2 or 3 emails, I just wrote that off as a loss as it was only about $ 30 and anything else was just not worth the effort.

I do have to say I have ordered several things off Ebay that I did not receive and Ebay refunded the money so nothing lost but time.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

You can buy pallets of Amazon returns.

Marilyn Manson

There is/was an A&E tv series based on this premise:

Googling "buy pallets" turns up a bunch of sites in the biz

Reply to
Anonymous

Yes, a bunch will show up. Googling just about anything will show up a lot of hits. The question is are the sites realy good in most cases , or are they just a scam and you either get nothing or a shoe box size package that is almost empty.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

As far as finding legit pallet-of-stuff vendors, there are tips in the youtube video that I posted earlier and there are more here.

While Amazon is mentioned more often than not, the same evaluation techniques could be used for any pallet-of-stuff vendor.

Review sites like these might help since they are not vendor specific and

*might* be more trustworthy than an individual vendor. I randomly picked someone on their list and found a phone number/email address. 'twere it me, I'd call them, ask a few questions and see how they respond and treat me.

Marilyn Manson

My bet is these are scams. There are places that do things like this but it is usually local pick up only.. One of my FIL's neighbors was hustling returned goods from Northern Tool out of his driveway for a while but it is always a pig in a poke. Usually there will be something wrong with this stuff. It might be cosmetic or it could just be broke. I have picked up some deals tho. I also go to an auction now and then that does this sort of thing but they don't ship. I still have 2 cases of that rubber tape ;-) Shipping by freight (truck) will usually be $100+ for a pallet minimum. That might also be "dock" delivery, no lift gate truck.

Reply to
gfretwell