Internal french door problem

Hi

I have a set of internal doors in my new house that need renewing. the problem is that these doors are not of standard size. it was an old window that has now been made into a doorway to get to the extention.

The door frame size is 55inch 1400mm what it the best solution to this? bodge some how (any ideas) two doors smaller by adding a strip of wood for the other door to fold onto or two larger doors choped down (would this look sillY)

any help appreicated

Anthony

Reply to
antz

Either get some doors made to measure, or adjust the door frame to the next smaller standard size and make good the plaster/mouldings.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

A 30" and a 24" door will almost get you there. Use the widest one and either fix or fit side bolts to the narrow one. Put a strip of batton on the inside edge of the narrow one and it will never be seen.

A couple of 1/2" square beads in the middle and you are there.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil