Probably dumb bathtap drilling Q

So I have new Acrylic bath, new mixer tape for it with what I'm sure is 3/4BSP threaded tails. (To be connected to 22mm pipe)

And I need to drill holes in the bath to make it fit.

What size drill do I need? Or do I use a hole saw sort of thing? The chuck on my Bosch is only 13mm too...

All advice appreciated!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:22:45 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@lion.drogon.net (Gordon Henderson) wrote: hi gordon, yes you re correct the hole saw is best for this, 1'' size as i recall, (check the size) use the starret brand types, use a 4mm pilot hole first then drill nice and slowly finishing off with a half round file regards bob

Reply to
burbeck

In message , Gordon Henderson writes

Err, big enough for the tail to fit through? 22-25mm I guess without measuring a fitting.

Hole saw is probably best, but I've drilled them ok with a spade type wood bit. Just don't go to fast.

Doesn't mater, the shafts of the drills etc. are sized small enough to fit.

Reply to
chris French

28mm hole saw. You might get away with 26mm but you'll need to be very accurate with the hole centres. (180mm centre to centre IIRC).
Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for all the replies!

Gordon