internal doors

Hi,

Im building a partition wall and need to add a couple doorways to bedrooms, all the other doors in my house are 32", which is impractical for the new doors.

I see wickes sell 27" and 30" doors.... does anyone know what the modern standard door size that is fitted is? is 27" ok with regards to building regs etc etc etc for a bedroom..

sorry to sound thick on this but I just need to know any details on this

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

You usually find a 30" door is standard for bedrooms, and the bathroom is

27" - no idea why. You can get 32" doors.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I recently did the same thing to a property and used 30" doors where possible, but for 1 bedroom I had to use a 27" one, to make the layout work. Certainly no problem for building control.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You don't need to take furniture in and out of a bathroom

Often 80" high

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Also a smaller (inward opening) door eats up less space in a small bathroom.

Reply to
Andy Burns

The Medway Handyman said the following on 12/06/2007 22:22:

Prolly cos you don't have to get a bed and a wardrobe into a bathroom ;-)

Reply to
Rumble