Internal Door (Source)

My house has white moulded 6 panel doors (Colonist style??). Into my lounge I have a pair of doors where one is 30" and the other is 18" (the 18" door having 3 panels as it is sort of half a door)
I am having some alterations in my kitchen and would like to compliment this doorway by having a similar arrangement - but with glazed panels (30" and 18" doors again)
I have looked at all the usual suppliers and haven't found anything suitable and I am concerned that if I end up with something different then SWMBO will want all the downstairs doors changing.
Can anyone suggest a source?

ge

"

Photos?
Jonathan

Hoping to find a glazed version like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyb51sai7ni471o/Door.jpg
On 07/05/2013 16:45, DerbyBorn wrote:

Maybe change SWMBO then?

Howdens do a lot of different doors, if you can get past their 'trade only' status. Or get bespoke ones made by a joiner?
--
David

unge

oor

30"

hen

Howdens door brochure/book is available to anyone (no prices tho) tho offhand I don't recall any "specials" as described... Is there a Magnet in your area? probly a similar "trade only" pricing structure to navigate around tho..
I vaguely recall recenty seeing the narrower "half doors" as described in a catalogue, don;t know abt glazed ones tho?
Goggle XL Joinery, JB kind etc view online catalogues, if get lucky approach local (ideally independent) timber merchants & see if they want to play for sensible money?
Jim K
On 07/05/2013 19:22, Jim K wrote:

IIRC lots of the big trade door suppliers will supply the likes of Jewson, so you can normally wander in there and get them to order for you...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Tue, 07 May 2013 15:45:38 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

Looking at the picture they appear to be moulded, as in pressed hardboard over a cardboard honeycomb filling. Rather than a constructed door with panels. We wanted matching glazed doors here, fairly sure our joiner just removed the panels and supplied beading strips. Can't do that with a cardboard door...
Looking at ours removing the panels would require part of the frame moulding to be removed to form the rebate. The panels appear to fit into a groove in the frame, rather than held in place in a rebate with a bead.
--
Cheers
Dave.