Internal Door (Source)

My house has white moulded 6 panel doors (Colonist style??). Into my lounge I have a pair of doors where one is 30" and the other is 18" (the 18" door having 3 panels as it is sort of half a door)

I am having some alterations in my kitchen and would like to compliment this doorway by having a similar arrangement - but with glazed panels (30" and 18" doors again)

I have looked at all the usual suppliers and haven't found anything suitable and I am concerned that if I end up with something different then SWMBO will want all the downstairs doors changing.

Can anyone suggest a source?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Photos?

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Maybe change SWMBO then?

Howdens do a lot of different doors, if you can get past their 'trade only' status. Or get bespoke ones made by a joiner?

Reply to
Lobster

Howdens door brochure/book is available to anyone (no prices tho) tho offhand I don't recall any "specials" as described... Is there a Magnet in your area? probly a similar "trade only" pricing structure to navigate around tho..

I vaguely recall recenty seeing the narrower "half doors" as described in a catalogue, don;t know abt glazed ones tho?

Goggle XL Joinery, JB kind etc view online catalogues, if get lucky approach local (ideally independent) timber merchants & see if they want to play for sensible money?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Jonathan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m2g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Hoping to find a glazed version like this:

DerbyBorn

Looking at the picture they appear to be moulded, as in pressed hardboard over a cardboard honeycomb filling. Rather than a constructed door with panels. We wanted matching glazed doors here, fairly sure our joiner just removed the panels and supplied beading strips. Can't do that with a cardboard door...

Looking at ours removing the panels would require part of the frame moulding to be removed to form the rebate. The panels appear to fit into a groove in the frame, rather than held in place in a rebate with a bead.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

IIRC lots of the big trade door suppliers will supply the likes of Jewson, so you can normally wander in there and get them to order for you...

Reply to
John Rumm