Kitchen cupboard door choices

I am considering a new kitchen. SWMBO keeps choosing panelled cupboard doors. I feel that these may suffer over time to spills getting into the joints and between the panel and the rebate. I tend to favour a solid or moulded door. Am I right to be concerned about panelled doors?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

ours are now 24 years old. They haven't suffered in the way you are concerned about, although they are a bit worn. Mind you, it might depend on what they are made of. Ours are pine.

Reply to
charles

They are a bit more difficult to keep clean than moulded doors.

Reply to
newshound

I think the material makes more difference. Veneered chip swells up in time, coming apart at alll edges. Proper wood doesnt.

NT

Reply to
NT

Our panelled (oak) doors have outlasted the cabinets.

Reply to
Mark