Inset Fire

Hi,

I plan on fitting an inset fire in the next few weeks, a valor dream. There is a flue collector box and flue liner fitted behind my present fire which is to small to take the new fire. Should I remove the box, fit a debris plate and leave the liner in place or completely remove the box and the liner and turn the flue back into a chimney?

Thanks

Andy.

Reply to
Andrew

Not too sure about exactly what you have but if this is a gas fire I believe you must have a flue liner of some sort. Only solid fuel fires can be used with an unlined chimney flue. It is to do with carbon monoxide potentally leaking out of an unlined chimney or somesuch.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

  1. There is no requirement for a flue liner if the chimney is in good condition and of a suitable size for the job. In fact most of the liner back boxes on the market are not suitable for use with inset living flame fires.
  2. I suggest from your post if you are not sure of the situation then it would be wiser to have the fire installed by someone who is. At the very least check with Valor for advice but first identify the back box and size of liner for them to give realistic answers. It is likely they will advise you to remove the back box and liner but this does require the flue to be in good order and have no leaks.
Reply to
John