Indesit 1300 Washing Machine - Dial clicks round until I switch it off

I have an Indesit 1300 Washing Machine. The main control dial just keeps clicking and turning round until I switch off the power. Is this a common fault? The machine is 2 years old but can be replaced for about £200 so is probably not worth repairing if the main control mechanism has broken. I seem to recall that this can happen on some new processor based machines and there might be a software reset procedure. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Graham Brooker

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Ian Cornish

Ours is the Indesit washer/dryer 18 months old, and does the same thing. Assuming it would end up being a big bill to pay and the fact that the wife doesn't like the dryer bit anyway, it's dumped in the garage. Ironically though, just as I was about to disconnect to move it out the way for the new one (LG with free 5 yrs parts & labour) it started working ok and has done for about 12 washes and all seems ok. We did try probably over a week, switching it on,off, different programmes but the control knob just kept going round and round. Nevertheless the new one has been sat in the conservatory and needed playing with. So that's the one we use now.

Reply to
Justin Time