IKEA missing parts

Aren?t they still doing mail order and click and collect? Son uses in the past they have posted missing small parts to him.

Reply to
Radio Man

Mmm any pieces I have had to assemble,if racking is at all a possibility there is additional supports[1]to prevent that from happening.

However if you feel that is an issue with your piece fair enough.

Why would IKEA use a piece of hardboard as a structural member ? IKEA does not want to have to deal with lots of returns so whilst built down to a price, there is nothing in their 'designs' which can't handle their function.

As others have said perhaps even stapling is a way forward. Just don't use fancy staples that may split the wood.

I would still be tempted to ignore any 'second function' of the back piece and treat it as a dust shield .

Only IMHO, you do you.

[1] English IS my first language (some would say barely ;O) ) but I am unsure what the bits between the sides at the back are called
Reply to
soup

only 4 (and a bit) weeks to wait now

though don't go on day 1. The Q will be mega

Reply to
tim...

I always moved my flat pack "whole" I never dismantled them

Reply to
tim...

pre-Covid I used the online system to re-order a missing part

it took ages to arrive, so much so that I gave up waiting and made a trip to the store for it

and then a week later, another one arrived in the post :-(

Reply to
tim...

Value engineering. It works well enough.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Like every normal weekend then ? :-(

Reply to
Andrew

If it is anything like my Habitat 'Brianca' ?? shelving, the panel provides the triangulation that stops it wobbling from side to side even though its base is flat on the floor.

Reply to
Andrew

braces?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The queue at the nottingham store was mega for *weeks* after lockdown1, several times I drove into the car park, turned round and went straight back out.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We've been waiting a year to order various bookcases from Ikea, to be delivered. We had a couple of wardrobes delivered just before lockdown began, but since then they've not been accepting orders that require a two-man delivery, because of social-distancing rules.

One day, when the initial excitement has died down, we'll go over the Ikea (a fair journey from near Scarborough to the Ikea south of Leeds) to look around, buy things that are small enough to fit in the car and arrange for delivery of the big things like bookcases. For long things that will fit in the car, we need to remember to use my car rather than my wife's because although hers is bigger and longer, the back seats are split the wrong way round (ie two on the driver's side, one on the passenger side) so if my wife has to sit in the back because things extend into the front seat, then we can only get things that are narrow enough to go through a *single* width gap in the rear-seat back-rest. My car has the split the opposite way round so we can get wider long things through a wider gap, with less room for my wife alongside - done that in the past.

Part of the problem with the Leeds Ikea is that the car park is one-way, so you have to go around a fairly long circuit. So if you join the queue, you're stuck for a long time before you can turn round.

Reply to
NY

The problem wasn't so much queuing in the car (apart from the dead-end they created to make more space for pedestrians) but the queue on foot snaking around the building and into the temporary bit of car park that was roped off for pedestrians.

ISTR that when they're open normally, it's until 10pm, I'd aim late ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'm hoping that when the stores reopen they'll also reinstate their customer services department, which at the moment appears to be completely shut down. The website still has an "order spare parts" page but the means of sending them the order form has been removed, as have the email and phone contact details.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Thanks very much for that!

Reply to
Bert Coules

I would have to drive 50 miles to Purley Way and spend ages crawling along the approach roads even before the car park

Reply to
Andrew

I'm delighted to say that I got through (after a remarkably short wait) to a very helpful chap who sorted out not only the missing fixings but also a subsequent problem of my own making: I damaged one panel, enquired about buying a replacement, and was told I'd be sent one, free of charge and with no delivery cost. Excellent.

Thanks again, David.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Glad you got everything sorted.

Reply to
soup

Thanks. It also restored my faith in IKEA's customer service, which I've always found very good in the past.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I've used a couple of Gorilla adhesives and found them no better than competitor products and in the case of some of their expanding products they are pretty poor. The power of a large advertising budget works wonders for the sales of the products.

Reply to
alan_m

I also glue the wooden dowels that most of the flat pack comes with.

Reply to
alan_m