Ideal Classic Boiler

HI wonder if anyone can help, I have and Ideal Classic Boiler with a Drayton LP722 Lifestyle Timer and Drayton RTS1 thermostat. the problem I have is that when the heating comes on, once it reaches the desired temp, the boiler turns of, then within two minutes its back on again for 3-4 minutes and then of again for two minutes and it keeps doing this until we either turn the thermostat up or down or the timer clicks off. I have changed the timer, the thermostat and the pump. As far as I can tell the water is behaving correctly. I know that this particular boiler does go of and on constantly, but my sister has the same boiler and hers have intervals of 10 minutes, not the short ones that I am getting.

the problem is my gas bills have gone through the roof (=A380-=A3100 monthly where they should be =A330-=A340)

any help would be appreciated

thanks George

Reply to
infinitym2

Is there a hysteresis setting on the thermostat (ie/ a 'deadband' which it has to go outside of before re-firing the boiler)? It sounds like the 'stat is commanding the boiler to run from what you say, increasing the deadband (if adjustable) should stop it cycling too often.

Reply to
Phil

The classic is a boiler which enjoys simplicity to achieve a very high reliability. The usual mechanical Ranco thermostat doesnt normally have any problems and its not advisable to prat about with it.

Reply to
John