Anyone still running Thorn M44/54 gas boiler? (2023 Update)

I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago. I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode. Photos on request. Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If there are no takers here, then I found I was able to flog the Honeywell V4600A from my old Mexico on ebay for £40 with relative ease.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John, I've trawled the interweb for this valve including ebay and only found very old references to it unlike your V4600 which seems much more popular. Several references I did find were pointers to this thread! I suspect that an ebay entry will just be a waste of a listing fee so I'll keep it on the shelf and hope that anyone doing a similar search will find this post and approach me directly.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Morning Bob,

We have a Thorn M44/54C ...I don't suppose you could let me know which part s you have available for this boiler please?

Best regards,

Adam Gifford

Reply to
agifford70

...Just to add, am particularly interested if you still have the programmer (our youngest has managed to break the timer on this by playing with it! - still functions manually but ideally would like to replace) and the pilot light 'viewing window/plate'

Thanks,

Adam

Reply to
agifford70

Morning Bob

This is a little old but thought I'd get in touch in case you didn't get rid of these parts. Keen to get them if you still have them.

davidwoodfield

Hello I'm still running one of these in a flat I'm renting out and actually quite like it.

However, the tenant now wants the spy glass replaced (by the little ignitio n light) as they are able to smell the fumes. If you had the little piece o f glass that goes in front of the little ignition window I would be incredi bly grateful and throw in a bottle of whatever on top of your postage? Can you help sir?

JH

Reply to
janerasmus

Sorry JH I don't have that part. The boiler was junked 4 months ago You could always block the opening off with a piece of metal.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Email me your address at the above email addy - suitably modified.

I'll sort out what I have and a price for the postage. I've got the valve and the thermocouple but not sure where the electrode is. If I can find it, I'll include it too.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

How does that sit with the gas check?

Reply to
mogga

Metal will seal it just as well as glass. What gas check?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If it's like the viewing window on my boiler, the confidence of seeing a nice clean blue flame, rather than a horrid sooty yellow one.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Er ... tenants, gas .. ?

You *do* have a landlord's gas safety certificate for your installation, don't you?

And what did the Registered Gas Installer who inspected it say about the missing glass and smell of fumes?

Reply to
YAPH

Hi Bob, this is a long shot as I see you posted this a while ago, I am still running a thorn M44/55 have you still got the gas valve available? trying to source one Thanks Graham

Reply to
grscott1

Reply to
grscott1

Email sent

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hello Bob, I found this link when searching Google. Is there any chance you still have anything from this boiler, I am trying to help my daughter keep hers going and the cats have destroyed her control panel. All the electrics are ok it is just the panel. Many thanks

Reply to
ShaunArkinstall

replying to Bob Minchin, Reg Kemp wrote: Bob if you still have gas valve For Thorn M44/54 Boiler I will have it please reply by Email

Reply to
Reg Kemp

Do you think Bob would have been without a working boiler for 5 years?

Do you live on the Homowners world? Ever considered quoting the message you're replying to in accordance with convention?

Reply to
Fredxx

The big issue on that site is its total lack of any way to include the date when it sorts messages. The year is most important, after all, so everything in a given month gets regurgitated. also considering this forum is supposed to be ported here to usenet, its interface should be defaulted to quoting the message as convention suggests. if I wre a Usenet admin I'd just block the site till it complied. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff