What manufacturer should I choose for high quality shower/taps/valves ?

Does anybody have any recommendations for manufacturers of high quality bathroom shower fittings; heads, slide rails, taps etc.

I just purchased a Grohe shower rail (Exquisit BIV) but have been rather surprised that the fittings on it are not metal but made of chrome plated plastic. Certainly not what I expected of this manufacturer and certainly not at the price.

I have a bit of an aversion to plastic fittings were strength is needed. Can anybody suggest alternative suppliers of high-quality fittings?

Reply to
Peter

Peglar. Not sure if they do shower rails.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Isn't Googe Great? I entered Peglar, of whom I had never heard, and it said, 'Are you sure you don't mean Pegler?'. Well in the absence of a 'How the hek should I know' button I clicked on ''Sure', or whatever. No problem, lots of plumbing type things appeared ...

Thanks for the tip Ed. I will spend tomorrow exploring this range.

Reply to
Peter

Sorry for the spelling mistake. Screwfix sell a number of their taps and mixers.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have Perrin & Rowe

- they seem to be quite wel machined and solidly made.

Check price comparison sites like kelkoo before buying!

David

-- Davide

Reply to
Davide

I have spent £7k on my bathroom (it was planned to be my last!) and having fitted many showersin the past I chose Aquilisa for performance, longevity and after sales service. I chose the power shower (cant remember the model no. now) but the mixer valve was made of brass and chromium or gold plated. I also had the body jets and diverter valve. For taps....I chose Pegler and their range that did have lead crystal tap heads, but I believe these are now no longer available. I do know that the bath taps were more expensive than the bath!

Reply to
live.sister