I built a box to stand my telly on

No I don't think that's true as yuo still have to prove you own the original otherwuse any ripped content could be said to be legal.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Still to big, but then again I remmebr when yuo could't put a mobile phone in your pocket.

A very small market go down tottencourt road you'll be lucky to find a shop selling such things other than very high end.

Some use thier computer as their central media point. I;t sbeen a while since I;'ve seen someoen carrying a CD player or cassette player with headphones and even longer sicnce I've seen someone carrying a 'getto blaster'

Yes I've seen them for £60 to connect to a computer via USB but most T Vs won't work with them because they don't have the software or hardware bu ilt into TVs.

we wanted them larger.

If you want convience and storage considerations then things like that do g et smaller.

Reply to
whisky-dave

abcde on Linux does this very well, and allows ripping to multiple formats simultaneously (my car player needs MP3s or WMA, I use FLAC in the house). I've never found anything quite as flexible on Windows.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

AIUI, any ripping is illegal, but as Huge says, f*ck that.

So reading that, the format shifting law hasn't been dropped but has itself found to be illegal, so needs changing ... or maybe we just brazen it out for a couple of years?

Reply to
Andy Burns