Hybrid Cars

Nope. Not in the quantities to do something like power a car.

If it is then you are to be a billionaire, as it will change the world as we know it.

It made you sound simple. BTW, Nuclear is not cheap.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel knows everything.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Or better still, under one!

Reply to
John Rumm

Oh the Essex wit continues. We are knocked over, astounded in fact. Duh!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But it doesn't produce greenhouse gases like driving cars, including hybrids, does.

Reply to
dennis

It isn't cheap and the waste is a problem.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Never heard of a right angle gearbox? Just how do you think - of course you don't - a right angle drill works?

Ask your nurse to explain it to you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"In mechanics, a transmission or gearbox is the gear and/or hydraulic system that transmits mechanical power from a prime mover (which can be an engine or electric motor), to some form of useful output device. Typically, the rotational speed of an input shaft is changed, resulting in a different output speed. However, some of the simplest gearboxes merely change the physical direction in which power is transmitted. In daily life, individuals most often encounter the transmissions used in automobiles, which cover an ever-expanding array of specific types. However, gearboxes have found use in a wide variety of different?often stationary?applications. Early transmissions included right-angle drives and other gearing in windmills, horse-powered devices, and steam engines, mainly in support of pumping, milling, and hoisting applications"

Hey, guess what, you were wrong - again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And 'wrong' can be added to 'deluded, misguided, misinformed, gullible and deaf'?

But maybe we are just too hard on poor old Dribble? Imagine, you were locked into one small room for most of the day with just an internet PC (but only know how to use the newsreader) and a stack of Prius brochures (that were only left there so you could draw on the back) and a Ladybird book on vehicles. If you look at the page headed 'Gearbox' it clearly shows a typical rear wheel drive car in-line gearbox so how would you ever be able to accept that even though the Prius CVT has 'gears', (at least 3) you can't see that on the block diagram on the brochure so it doesn't?

Anyway, xmyth is coming so maybe we should buy him some more crayons or better a decent (school level) physics book?

All the best ..

T i m

(My Rover 218SD was doing 50 mpg for 10 years before the Prius was even thought of and Mum's old Morry Minor 50 years before that! ..) ;-)

Reply to
T i m

** snip deluded Timmy tripe **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

** snip senile babble **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a shit kicker **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If you believe in the climate change theory CO2 is a much bigger problem. It will make Chernobyl look like a minor accident if climate change happens. The death of a few hundred millions will take some getting used to.

Reply to
dennis

You have a point and nuclear production of hydrogen is an approach. Using high efficiency appliances, passive solar, superinsulation, etc, etc, great gains can be made. use less energy in the first place.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I would do, but I can't face having to go though the entire box removing all the ones that are not green.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I shall pass your comments on to Wikipedia. I suspect that they will not be too impressed by your reference to them as "shit kicker".

Reply to
Steve Firth

,
** snip pathetic attempt at understanding transmissions by a shit kicker **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Since dribble knows everything there is to know about anything, contrary correct definitions to his are not acceptable. In his little world efficiencies go over 100%, magnetic devices have magical properties, and he has a degree. He professes to own every tool known to man but cuts plastic pipe with a hacksaw when attempting to join it with push on fittings and floods the street. And claims to work in that sort of field.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can see that he probably works in a field. Hung on a stick with straw peeping out from the cuffs of his suit.

You may recall his previous championing of "cataclean", something he felt impelled to do under a number of aliases. One of the claims was that the product had been tested and used by Lancashire Constabulary. I found that interesting since in the past they had been one of my clients, so I called them and asked about the claim.

Surprise, surprise, it was a false claim.

Reply to
Steve Firth

**snip babbling dross by a senile man and a shit kicker **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel