Hybrid Cars

If that is the case then we would be cracking water at point use, like in an engine bay, and using it to drives cars and heat our homes. Strange in that is not the case.

The fact is that the energy to crack it is more than what useful energy you get from hydrogen.

That is the holy grail, to cheaply crack hydrogen, once that is solved then the enrgy crisis os over for good.

Try again.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And less a gearbox as it does have a heavy transmission (gearbox). That is why they get over 60mpg

Nonsense as usual. It can do 100mph, and cruise along with the rest of them at high speed. No CVT, no gearbox

More absolute nonsense! This new groups breeds them. The "average" is around 60mpg in the "real world", about "twice" what an equivalent sized car would be getting. How real do you want this world to be? Why don't you ask me and I will tell you. I have a Prius. You haven't a clue have you?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Autocar are full of crap. A lousy mag too. They must be paid by advertisers to rubbish the car (no uncommon, look at what they did to the rear engined Skodas), as no Prius owner gets figures anywhere near that low, all averaging around 60mpg.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Lord Hall, ever considered the pollution in that tank?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Which is bollocks Mr Cranium. Most owners are getting an ave' of 60mpg. Anyone withy any brain can do a Goggle and then feedback is around 60mpg from all sources, not just some third rate car mag.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The man is not a fool at all, he is very bright. The Prius is a great fun car to drive. It isn't no tractor.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep.

** snip senile jealous senility **

Such a bitter old bastard!!! Yeah!!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nor will any rechargeable battery ever. Dribble just believes in magic. The ad man's dream.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Alos look at the space tank takes up.

** snip senile drivel **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

At 24 mpg. See decent road tests.

It has an epicyclic gearbox that acts as a CVT.

Ask your nurse to explain basic mechanics to you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Read some real world testing of the vehicle done under scientific conditions.

That will be the one which sits on the mantelpiece?

See your nurse for some anti-lying tablets.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you had a rear engined Skoda too? Figures.

Around being nearer 40 if used as other cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. My petrol automatic BMW does over 40 mpg. Everyone always remembers the best figure. You especially - it's all you ever quote.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So it can't pull a plough through a muddy field? What a rubbish car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

But I thought you traded in your DB6 for a rear engined Skoda? Or am I confusing your fantasies?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you're suggesting there are batteries around that not only store more energy than petrol but also take up less space? Is this on the planet Zog?

Of course your 'Prius' doesn't have a petrol tank. Or batteries. You don't need them on top of the mantelpiece.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Averages 60mpg, oh senile one. This is fun.

No need as I have one.

** snip all the senility for everyone ***
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh senile one, I have one...60mpg....

** snip senility ***