Humax PVR.

What you really mean is a machine where the GUI can be replaced. The basic Toppy wasn't that good but with all the bug fixes and replacement GUI, all implemented by Toppy users, it became a good machine. The Toppy would have been consigned to landfill many years ago if it wasn't for some customer modifications.

Many Toppy users have migrated to the Enigma2/Openvix route.

Reply to
alan_m

I disagree, for day to day use the OpenVix interface is relatively easy to use albeit there a few "claggy" functions that could be improved. That may happen as the software code for the GUI is open source.

The configuration of the box in the first place may require a steep learning curve as there are 100s of configurable options but many of these just change the look and feel of the box to suit individual tastes/preferences.

Once configured I only use around half a dozen buttons on my remote. on a day to day basis.

In my opinion one of the worst user interfaces I've encountered recently is that on the Virgin Tivo box.

Reply to
alan_m

Some Enigma2 box have terrestial (Freeview) tuners. My Et10000 (no longer a current model) has 4 tuners, 2 off satellite and

2 off terrestrial, with both a Freeview and and Freesat 7 day EPG obtained over the air. My box can record from all 4 tuners at the same time.
Reply to
alan_m

Only stopped working a few months ago. Not really a deal breaker since it doesn't do anything my TV can't. But the error message annoys.

It came as part of a BT package.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And TV tuner cards for PCs seem to be as rare as hens teeth these days.

Reply to
Andrew

Tried that - no difference.

Not tried that. But the page on the router says it's seeing it.

I tried altering its IP address. No difference.

What I was guessing. What is odd is if you reset, and do an auto connect, it finds all the correct addresses, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nope, plenty available. And ones that use the USB connection too.

Reply to
87213

Since there was no real recommendation for a different make, I've bought a new Humax. Intending using it alongside the old one. Only to discover they share the same remote control commands.

So if I want to continue to use the old one, I'll have to move it to a different place in the room.

The new one does seem to have a less clunky GUI, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This any help?

{------------------

From the Hummy.org.uk site, that is now suspended: Originally posted by Barry

Multi Code function HDR remote

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members. If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict. (This is only relevant to the Foxsat HD, HDR, and HDCI 5000, and HD/HDR T2 freeview products.)

  1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
  2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
  3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
  4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
  5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode. Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode Current mode: Mode 1."

  1. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
  2. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

--------------}

Reply to
Geo

Wow - absolutely brilliant, thanks. Now all I need to do is sort out the lack of HDMI inputs. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I really like my Humax. Its a BT YouView box DTRT2110. Its whole new ball game compared to the old Huawei it replaced.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I'm not unhappy with the old BT Humax, but it now refuses to go online. And seems to have slowed down somewhat from its previous best. Although that could be the 'new' software it updated to, which as usual has more bloat than the original.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)