HP P2015 printer fault.

Hi All,

I bought a s/h HP P2015dn laser printer a while back and it was fine to start with (however I wasn't printing any real quantities).

Then I needed to print a 200 page manual and after a hundred or so pages I found a grey edge appearing on the lhs of the page that over a few pages grew across the left couple of inches in the form of a mid grey margin.

Leave the printer off for a while and / or only print a few pages ... or more but just one at a time then it's as clean as a whistle? Now printing even 20 pages in one go sees the fault coming back.

I've ordered a replacement toner as a test (and as a spare, as this cart has 3000+ pages left in it according to HP Toolbox) but in the meantime I wondered if this fault was typical / indicative of anything specific please?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Clean as directed here:-

's possble that last time it was cleaned, the person cleaning it ignored the bit that says "To prevent damage, do not expose the print cartridge to light. Cover it with a piece of paper."

You may have found out why the previous user sold it.

Reply to
John Williamson

This is what the test page looks like after the cleaning cycle but the machine has been left on over 24 hours. I'll try it again in the morning.

>It's possble that last time it was cleaned, the person cleaning it

Would that cause this (possibly) random scenario though?

Quite possibly but I guess a new cartridge should sort it if it is that?

Thanks again, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Now is that not a bugger up in either the toner - give cartridge a shake - or the corona wire..think there is a brush to clean that in the printer somewhere.

damp paper sometimes does that.

Cant remember exactly the layout of that printer, but there's loads of info on printer issues online.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I did the swoosh left to right thing.

Ok.

Hmm, not completely out of the question (I don't store my paper in any particular way).

I have Googled a bit but most seem to cover persistent and attributable faults (observed by checking the repetition of a pattern indicating an issue with the OPD, transfer roller, fuser roller etc) but I'll try again after confirming to myself that with a self test print in the morning.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I've also referred to the 148 duplex page manual (that printed out perfectly ok when I first got and after I'd cleaned the printer myself) and none of the example print faults seem to tie up with what I'm seeing.

Reply to
T i m