How to make digging holes easier ?

On 24/07/13 16:18, Rick Hughes wrote:

I find that when digging post holes in clay in the end I just sit there with my arm down a meter or so scooping it all out with a trowel.
Its not HARD it just takes an hour per hole without a soil auger.
But the OPS problem is slit trenches more or less. Which is where I wimp out and hire a minidigger.
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Pickaxe small axe for roots sds chisel for concrete or rocks [g]
On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 23:54:34 +0100, george - dicegeorge

Angle grinder.
--
Frank Erskine

Frank Erskine wrote:

Regulars may wish to know that Frank has hung-up his angle grinder :-(
<http://rsgb.org/main/blog/news/silent-keys/2013/10/03/frank-erskine-g3wte-19-september-2013

Far too young. :-(
Tim

In article

Very sad - and no great age. He was one of the gentlemen on here.
--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Yes indeed, very sad.
On Thursday 17 October 2013 21:53 Tim+ wrote in uk.d-i-y:

RIP :(

Very sad, and a relatively young age for nowadays. He was always helpful and knowledgeable.
He will be missed - as has been said by others he was a gentleman.
AWEM
Tim+ wrote:

RIP Frank.
--
Adam

On 18/10/2013 19:29, ARW wrote:

+1

I met him a few times when he used to work for the DTI as was in radio licensing and enforcement, the older version of Ofcom. I remember that he was very helpful and went out of his way when he didn't have to!..
Odd phrase that "silent key" related of course to the Morse key of old!..
So any deceased DIY'er is now to be know as hanging up the angle grinder?, humm .. what if like me the damm thing is always under a pile of junk on the floor;?>.
Anyway rest peacefully Frank .. you will be missed:-(...
--
Tony Sayer

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 20:16:36 +0100, Andy Burns

Oh, arse. RIP, Frank.