How to make an artificial Xmas tree?

The price of artificial Xmas trees, 7 foot and over seems far too much to me.

So I'm tempted to make something.

Ideas for materials and designs?

I'm near the coast, so driftwood comes to mind.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

Do you want something "traditional" ie a green cone or are you open for anything. Bits of large drift wood can probably be assemebled into some vaguely tree like structure at attach glittery/refelctive things and few lights to. Traditional not, different yes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cardboard. There are various methods. Just Google "DIY Christmas tree".

Reply to
harry

Adrian C

This is d-i-y. Be creative. There is no best way and you can have the satisfaction of thinking 'I made that'. HTH, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Just drive to a forest and nick a little tree.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Or if you can nick one, the satisfaction of saying, "I nicked that!"

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I used to own some forestry. At this time of year, people would come along and cut down a fifty foot tree and then cut the top six feet.

Waste of time really, a big tree like that is growing at three or four feet a year, the top was very well spaced to make a Christmas tree. Caught one of them once. I let all their tyres down. They drove off. I hope they had to buy four new tyres

Reply to
harry

We did this last year with wire coat hangers:

Jonathan

A person down my road has the most tacky tree anyone has seen for years, itsinflatable and kind of wobbles in the wind. Had it described to me the other day. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yeah I'm disappointed to see a number of replies are advocating theft.

Reply to
Dom Ostrowski

Couldn't help thinking, first get your Blue Peter Christmas editions over the ages DVD and watch. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Reply to
Huge

The Medway Handyman

No, call your local nature reserve and ask. If it's a heathland or moorland they might appreciate your help in clearing small trees in some areas.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ