How to get rid of packing peanuts?

Tip used engine oil in with the chips..it makes them heavier and they just flush away...!

;)

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

If they are polystyrene they will dissolve in petrol. The resulting substance is highly unpleasant. It's sticky and flammable. Like napalm.

(Do not try)

Markus

Reply to
Markus Splenius

Sell something on eBay, and send post it to somebody else .........

I remember the fun we used to have with the stuff when I worked in a packaging dept .........

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I once saw negative feedback on Ebay from a buyer who complained about the seller using "used" peanuts. Probably an American buyer who has never heard of the word recycle.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If you've got a dolls hospital near you, ask them if they'd like them. Used on soft-bodied dolls with porcelain arms and legs to stuff the arms and legs before inserting an armature to support the soft body.....

Reply to
Wanderer

They are quite edible. Basically they are cheesy wotsits with the interesting bits removed

Reply to
Bob Mannix

I once left a bowl of these out next to a dip at a party. They were all gone by the morning. :-)

Asher.

Reply to
Asher Hoskins

Pour them under your floorboards as insulation...........

Reply to
Pete Cross

yup, spill any and the dog has em given half a chance... makes for interesting "output" later mind you... you can see the ads now: New Thermoturd, keeps your dog warm in the winter!

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , Tony Hogarty writes

But what could you reasonably ask for postage and packaging?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Test them first. Some of these things can be highly inflammable.

Reply to
Mike

"Pete Cross" wrote | > They are quite edible. Basically they are cheesy wotsits with the | > interesting bits removed | Pour them under your floorboards as insulation...........

Mmm, the rodent equivalent of a gingerbread house.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Offer them for free on eBay and get the winner to collect them. People selling on eBay are often desperate for boxes and this type of packing material.

Reply to
Peter

And some have a fungicide added !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Supposedly the "packing peanut" was invented at Los Alamos as packaging to get the first atom bombs out to Guam. While pondering the problem, some smart little scientist was eating popcorn and the rest is history (and landfill).

I keep all my polystyrene peanuts in a bin liner under the stairs and use them for the times I flog things on eBay. Ten years ago I had bushels of the stuff from buying PC kit, today I hardly receive any and barely have enough for even my minimal eBay sales.

Reply to
Andy Dingley