how to bung combined feed / expansion??

Hi there, I have got a set of those bungs that you can use to bung the feed, and stick the other in the overflow expansion.

My new house seems to have one of these combined feed / expansion configurations for filling the CH system.

I have attempted just bunging that one pipe does not seem to have the desired effect - is it possible with this type of configuration? Where is the air coming in on this (sorry if this seems a daft question).

Kind regards

Jon Paterson

Reply to
Jon

The message from "Jon" contains these words:

No idea whether the combined configeration is different but I found when I used the bungs for the first time thaty I had to drain a little water out of a radiator bleed screw in order to establish the partial vacuum at the top of the system.

Reply to
Roger

Hi Roger, I tried that, but it just kept on coming :-)

I am sure that I am missing fundimental here - but are just not sure where to look. I guess Air is still coming in somewhere. When I removed the bung after venting some out of the radiator, it bubbled, so it was definately bunged correctly.

Reply to
Jon