How much to change a pullswitch?

He could Geoff.

He could start a driving school.

Or become a VAT consultant

Or become a grass - oh he already is

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

More likely because you are a boring old fart & are never right yourself.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Has anyone else noticed the similarity between Dennis & Viki Pollard?

Yerbut, nobut, I didn't mean that, it was you being stupid, anyway it wasn't me wot said that....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If i were answering a question then yes I would try to be accurate, that's why I don't answer questions when I don't know anything about it. When its general discussion then so what? Anyone can be wrong and it would be just as foolish to base anything critical on one unknown persons statements as it would to rely on a stranger in the pub.

Reply to
dennis

So logically you are no longer able to answer any questions.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There seems to be some 1984 esq revisionism going on here. In case you forget, you were answering a question, and now by your own admission it was on something you don't know much about.

So you seem to be saying we should treat your proclamations with the same degree of respect as those of any unknown stranger in a pub?

Well something for you to aspire to I guess.

Reply to
John Rumm

What question was I answering?

If you want to quote a subset then I suppose its true even if its somewhat limited.

Reply to
dennis

You answered:

"Only the ones committing fraud. Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third party is also fraud. The whole concept of VAT is that its the end user that pays. It is illegal for a company to buy something, use it and then claim the VAT back. That means the VAT has not been paid and a fraud has taken place. "

Now to be fair the first sentence was actually right, just most of the the remainder was complete bull.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well I did admit that I was wrong. Unlike some of the others, who actually keep quoting the bit I was right about and not the bit I was wrong about when they start chucking the abuse about me being wrong, I do admit when I am wrong.

Reply to
dennis

Which bit were you right about idiot?

Have you noticed your nose growing Dennis?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Somehow I get the feeling that you are the type who would haggle and ask if you can have it cheaper for cash, and when you get it, smile and thank them, before shopping the trader to HMRC for doing you a favour.

Reply to
John Rumm

I never ask a trader to do anything illegal, in fact I have never asked anyone to do anything illegal AFAIK. If a trader thinks evading tax is a good idea that's his problem.

Reply to
dennis

That sounds like another "yes" then...

Reply to
John Rumm

If you want to distort the answer then that's up to you, you have gone down in my opinion for doing so.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

There now denise, you've made him cry now

Reply to
geoff