How much to change a pullswitch?

Because retail customers (consumers) enjoy greater protection. If you want a guarantee, buy retail. If you want cheap, buy wholesale.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What colour is the sky on your planet?

The policy of places like Howdens, Travis Perkins, Magnet etc is entirely lawful and makes good business sense. Their target market is the trade, they don't want Joe Public clogging up the place.

Traders buy much more than Joe Public does, which is why they get better prices. The reverse of the situation also applies. I spent £6K with Wickes last year - why should I have to pay the same as someone who spent £20?

Only if you are an idiot who wants to go skint.

Do you seriously think that your garage charge you cost price for brake pads & oil? Does the bloke who repairs your washing machine/boiler/TV charge cost price for the parts?

Of course not you fool. If they did, labour rates would have to be higher to maintain revenue and you would moan about that.

If the customer has the knowledge & experience to know exactly what is required, and knows the best place to buy it at the right quality & price thats fine with me.

But they don't. That knowledge & experience has a price.

Never been self employed have you? Don't. You will go broke in a matter of months.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dennis, we all know you are an idiot, but you have excelled yourself this time.

A VAT registered trader offsets all of his input VAT against his output VAT & gives the difference to HMRC. VAT on fuel, tools, heating, lighting, PPE whatever is all input VAT and isn't passed on to anyone.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Reply to
tim....

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Rubbish

To quote from the HMRC site (I think that they have more of a clue about it than you do, although you might like to try and tell them that they are wrong if you like)

"Generally, you can reclaim VAT that you pay when you buy goods or services for your business. This VAT is called input tax by HMRC"

So, for example, if a window gets broken, if VAT is charged on the repair, this can be offset against VAT payable, likewise, the VAT on a company vehicle, or, in fact, any legitimate expense incurred in running the business.

My heating, lighting, fuel, and other expenses which are nothing to do directly with what I produce are all offsettable against the VAT I charge on them

You really are a stupid, clueless 'kin retard

Would you like to actually admit that you are wrong here?

Reply to
geoff

Why?

I have a product to sell, you want to buy, we agree a price, or I quote a price and you accept it or not

It has nothing to do with what I paid for it

If I buy 1000 relays for a price, do you expect to buy from me at the unit price I bought them for ?

Reply to
geoff

You are the idiot as usual for not reading what I said but making up your own story in your tiny mind. Try understanding what is said rather than thinking anyone actually cares what *you* think.

Reply to
dennis

No, but I will if you paste the link so I can check the source, I wouldn't trust *you* to tell me the time.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

There you go SFB

you can admit you are wrong, you stupid retard

Reply to
geoff

OK.

However it does raise an interesting point..

someone who is not VAT registered like TMH would pay VAT if he supplies the goods.. Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT.. however he does this at a cost.. he loses all rights as a consumer if the goods are bad.

If he buys it from TMH then TMH would be responsible for it working, if not TMH isn't responsible unless he botches the install.. If he refused to "buy" the goods and TMH did, the customer would still be able to reclaim the VAT and have TMH responsible for it being OK. I would do the later so TMH would have to fulfil his contract and TMH would have to seek recompense from the supplier if there was a problem, not the customer.

Reply to
dennis

Rubbish. When I was in the UK, my company claimed back all the VAT paid out for things like printer consumables, software, web hosting etc.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Was that "OK, yes, I was wrong "?

It is no different from someone buying a boiler and asking an installer to fit it for him

If the goods are faulty, he still has his rights as a consumer

If you had a clue about business, an example like this cannot be construed as avoiding VAt registration, unless there is PROOF of collusion to evade registration (e.g. A letter stating words to that effect

Its up to the customer how he wants to use TMH's services, not something which the VAT man would be interested in

So, the answer is OK, yes, you were wrong regarding claiming VAT on expenditure, then

A simple yes or no would suffice

Reply to
geoff

Of course its rubbish

Getting denise to admit that he is wrong is the hard part

Reply to
geoff

Of course its different. He has to get someone to fix it and then claim back the costs from the supplier rather than telling TMH to fix it. If TMH didn't supply it then TMH could just say no as he had fulfilled his obligation and then the customer has to find someone else.

Of course its avoiding it, who said that it was wrong to do so? Do you have a guilty feeling?

Reply to
dennis

Getting geof to understand plain English is the hard part.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Not in the evasive sense that you are implying

You were implying it

I am VAT registered, I have been for 18 years

I've had a VAT visit, no problems, It's left to the accountant

Oh look you have accidentally snipped the bit where I asked you to confirm that you were wrong

Could you please confirm that you were wrong on the subject of what you can claim against VAT not directly attributable to what you are selling ?

A simple "yes, I was wrong" would suffice

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

No denise I understand plain english

You just don't seem to have the strength of character to state that you were wrong

On the few occasions that I've been wrong, I've admitted it. If I've wronged someone in the process, I've made a public apology here.

You just don't seem to be someone with sufficient backbone to be a real man, just a spineless wimp

Reply to
geoff

Far worse than that Geoff, details to follow....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I never implied anything, if you want to change avoided to evaded than its you that is implying something. I expect its because you have been trying to evade it and think someone thinks you have making you read stuff into posts that haven't been said.

No I wasn't. I would have said evaded if I meant evaded.

And I will continue to do so. Anyone who has read what i said will know I agree with what the IR have said. The fact that it winds you up for me not to say what you want me to say is a good enough reason not to.

BTW if I wanted to wriggle I would point out that we no longer run value added tax as the system was "simplified" a few years ago and it is now not a value added tax system at all but just a purchase tax system. Some states do operate a value added tax system ASFAIAA.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Is that a direct accusation denise?

Watch your step

You said

"Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third party is also fraud."

Which is patently wrong and displays a total lack of understanding of how VAT works

I posted a quote from the HMRC site

"Generally, you can reclaim VAT that you pay when you buy goods or services for your business. This VAT is called input tax by HMRC"

which shows you are wrong

You just don't have the backbone to admit it

but then ... you're a d*****ad who bought an induction hob and didn't realise how it worked as well

how many other threads are there going at the moment where your stupidity has come to light?

Reply to
geoff