how much does it cost change back boiler to combi boiler

Hi,
I am thinking buying a house. But it has a back boiler. So can anyone tell the the con of back boilder. Like how much more does it cost to run, and how much it cost to change from back boilder to combi boiler.
Any rough figure is ok.
Thanks
zy
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have had quotes from 1800 - 3000 to change my back boiler into a combi.
Paul

Back boilers are about the most inefficient around. So changing to a condensing type will give more savings than most - probably about 30% off the actual bill, assuming like for like temperatures in the rest of the house. Trouble is replacing one needs much more in the way of pipework alterations, so may well cost more than the average.
--
*Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

In my last house (3 bed mid terraced) the gas for conventional backboiler was about 200 a year. Had it replaced (non condensing) equivalent + nice fire front, for 2k and consumption dropped to about 180/year. Problem was a condensing setup was over 3k due to pipework and replastering etc required and also not intending to stay for ever in the house so would not recoup any savings.

Could it be you use the gas fire to in the main to heat the living area?

Was the new boiler a back boiler too, then? If so you did well to save 10% on your bills.
--
*Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?

The old boiler was installed in 1971 and certainly had "flow issues" with the heat exchanger, ie full of crud.