how great were old american cars....

Jim GM4 DHJ ...

2M 20S. Would have been more interesting to see the Ford hitting the Chevvy at 90 degrees to see how mnay injuries the driver received.

Only a dumb yank would try and carry half a ton of cement on the tailgate, surely ?.

Andrew

go on take a chance....my Mustang has exploding air bags that may kill you .....getting replaced in November

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Was that Americans thinking that an airbag would always save them so no need to wear a seat belt.

Reply to
alan_m

What was that car with the rear engine which turned out to be a death trap? Cossair or something. Did you ever see the documentary about how many cars they got through on each episode of the Dukes of Hazard? Quite a lot as I recall. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

AFAIK Cars for the US domestic market have buch bigger air bags than european cars because US citizens tend not to wear seat belts, so need 'protecting'.

Those dodgy airbags are probably made by that Japanese company where millions have been shown to be suspect. Going off by accident is bad enough, but firing shrapnel in your face is a bit much.

Reply to
Andrew

Hillman Imp. Made in Scotland :-)

Andrew