How do I do a DIY reset of off balance spin sensor on a Hoover Vision HD washing machine - anyone?

My daughter, who doesn't live nearby, has one of these machines and it looks like the off balance sensor has tripped.

In the handbook it says to redistribute the load - this doesn't overcome the problem.

The handbook also says 'The machine is fitted with a special electronic device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be unbalanced'. It goes on to say ' If the fault should persist contact a Hoover Technical Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make arrangements for an engineer to call.

The handbook gives no other info on how to do this electronic reset.

The machine is about 2 yrs old.

I will hopefully be going down there this weekend and would like to be able to do the reset myself if possible.

Does anyone know how to reset that special electronic device. Is it a sequence of undocumented button presses or something else?

Any help welcome.

Booty

Has she tried just temporarily unplugging the machine at the mains? ISTR seems to work with my Bosch if this happens.

David

Reply to
Lobster

like the off balance sensor has tripped.

device, which prevents the spin cycle should the load be

Assistance Centre'. They would no doubt make

do the reset myself if possible.

Nothing you quoted from the handbook suggests to me that there is a reset procedure other than opening the door and redistributing the load.

What are the symptoms that lead you to suspect a drum balance problem?

Reply to
Graham.

Does it actually 'trip' and need manually resetting or just not ramp up the spin speed (as on our Zanussi) once tripped?

I /think/ ours comes to a stop, reverses for a bit then starts forward again (redistributing the now slightly dryer / lighter load).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. This is the 13 month old machine I got off Freecycle that had been replaced under the original owners warrantee because it was 'beyond economical repair'. Whilst repairing it (economically ) I noted the machine was able to spin at 1400 rpm but molded into the tub said 'Max 1100 rpm'. Therefore we only run it at 900rpm and it's been fine for over 13 months now. ;-)

Reply to
T i m

I'd take a spare set of motor brushes :-).

There is no out of balance sensor as such. The motor controller does the job by detecting large variations in the motor current caused by an out of balance load. Worn brushes produce similar load variations and can cause the out of balance error.

Reply to
Peter Parry

On my Hotpoint, it detects it by looking for a seriously non-constant rotational speed from the tacho feedback when rotating the drum just fast enough that the clothes are no longer falling away as they go around the top of the drum. If it's unbalanced, it stops the drum, rotates backwards and forwards a few times, and retries. If 3 attempts fail to distribute the clothes evenly, it goes on to spin anyway, but at lower speed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On an entirely different brand, there's a spring on one side of the drum, holding it away from a microswitch on the other side. The reset process is to find the spring which has fallen into the bottom of the machine, and put it back. Or if the spring has broken use some hat elastic as a temporary measure.

Reply to
Matty F

Bendix spring? I'll get me coat.

Reply to
Graham.

replying to Graham., Popa Claudia wrote: did you fixed it?

Reply to
Popa Claudia

replying to Graham., Popa Claudia wrote: did you fixed it?

Reply to
Popa Claudia

Jim did. But that's another story.

Reply to