Washing Machine Faulty Spin / Out of Balance

Hi, I have searched the forum and found similar faults but not the same.

Bosch Maxx WFO 2860 Washing Machine (age unknown)

Machine would not spin at all, I changed the brushes, now the machine tries to spin, the Out of balance system cuts in and redistributes the load then tries again 3 or 4 times without success and then shuts down.

I have tried with the machine empty, partial load, full load and many amounts in between, all with the same result.

I assume the out of balance system is software based and uses the evenness of the motor load, is it possible to either reset the system, replace whatever is at fault (what controls the out of balance system?), or bypass the system altogether?

any help would be very welcome

Graham

Reply to
wistow

Could there be some dodgy connections on a controller board which is tricking the system into thinking its not right? I had this on an old Hotpoint once and it was a five min job for the guy with the soldering iron to fix, but a two hour job to get at the bloody thing!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

With the top off (and power disconnected, obviously) move the outer drum around on its mountings, and look to see where the wiring loom flexs. That's most likely where any cable break is, particularly where any flexing cable is firmly anchored at either end of the flexing, e.g a cable tie or connector. In the case of a copper break near a connector, you can sometimes find you can simply pull the remaining loose piece of copper out of the insulation, so a slight tub on these may reveal the culprit.

Could also be a bad connection around one of the brushes, including possibly the spring not pushing it onto the commutator.

Also check the stability weights, dampers, and mounting springs are all still firmly attached to the outer drum and case framework, although if it still trips when run empty, this probably isn't the cause.

On most modern machines, out of balance is detected by motor speed/load, but on some older machines, it can be a movement sensor attached to the outer drum based on a small weight on a spring, and I suppose if it had come loose, it might mis-trigger.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I would check the suspension springs first. They can sometimes become unhooked by an out of balance load.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

There will be a filter. Check it. Near the pump. Probably at the front. You may find something in there that should not be in there......... a colour catcher.

Reply to
Mr Pounder