House damp advice

Does anyone know a damp consultant or trustworthy firm that can give me best advice on treating damp in a solid floor? We wanted to lay a laminate floor but there's damp...

Based in London.

Thanks

Marc

Reply to
marcb

all depends on age and type of construction of house. Avoid so called damp experts!

Reply to
N. Thornton

snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk (N. Thornton) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Well yes - it's an 1840s Victorian semi with a sort of semi basement ground floor. It's worst in the hall and front room. Clearly it's not the original floor - it's concrete and at least it's flat. After taking up the old carpets we've been advised to let to dry for a week and see if it's showing high readings. My guess is it will so if we are avoiding damp experts what do we do?

Marc

Reply to
marcb

The experts on that are here: