UK suppliers of pocket door kits ?

Does anyone know of a supplier at reasonable prices.

A web search found Eclisse but I was not planning on spending £400.

I plan to build a walk-in larder at the end of the kitchen and the wife has expressed an interest in a pocket door.

-- Chris Melluish

Reply to
Chris Melluish

Chris, you could try:

HILLALDAM COBURN LTD

6, Wyvern Estate Beverley Way New Malden Surrey KT3 4PH United Kingdom Telephone: 020 8336 1515 International: +44 20 8336 1515 Facsimile: 020 8336 1414 Sales freefax: 0800 616623

Regards Meester J

Reply to
Meester J

what on earth is a pocket door? Even looking at the eclisse.it site got me nowhere. Typical useless site.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

They used to be called Sliding Doors. The type you put on wardrobes.

Reply to
EricP

To my knowledge, they're still called sliding doors. Why "pocket" door? Can you stick loose change in them?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

AIUI a pocket door slides into the thickness of the wall so you can put furniture up to the opening on both sides. Over the area where the door slides you just have two skins of (?) plasterboard stuck to ply.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

And there I was thinking it was the followup to the "I went to the door in my pyjamas" joke.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Close Tony: but no cigar. "Pocket doors" are utilised typically within a piece of furniture, fr'instance on a 'hide-the-TV-screen' cabinet where the item is 'hidden' behind two doors each of which opens then slides into 'pockets' on either side of the cabinet carcase. Pocket doors are supposed to 'retract' _into_ the cabinets depth without swinging beyond the cabinet's width. The feat is accomplished by each leaf utilising the 'eurohinge' (kitchen cabinet) where each hinge body - instead of being a hole in the carcase- is housed on a bar enabling it to travel through the cabinet's depth. You open the doors normally, then push the door -hinges and all- back within the cabinet. [It's easier to see than describe] It's not necessary to have an inner skin on the cabinet for the 'pocket-hinged doors but it tends to make a more attractive cabinet. And , guess what? The doors have been stowed in _pockets_.

HTH

Reply to
Brian Sharrock