Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washer-dryer (WD61)

Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washer-dryer (WD61)

Does anyone know how to replace a condenser assembly on a Hotpoint Aquarius Washer Drier (model as specified). I guess what I am asking is it a relatively simple task to remove the old one and replace. I am fairly handy and have replaced door seals, carbon brushes etc on my washing dryer before.

The reason I am have the issue with the condenser unit is that it is leaking as water passes through it during the wash cycle.

I am currently torn between replacing the condensing assembly myself (cost approx. =A356), getting someone else to do it =A3100 -=A3120 or forgetting it and purchasing a new washing machine (as I tend to use the washing machine and rarely the dryer functionality).

Any info or advice would be greatly received.

Regards Steve

Reply to
sgmblack

Does anyone know how to replace a condenser assembly on a Hotpoint Aquarius Washer Drier (model as specified). I guess what I am asking is it a relatively simple task to remove the old one and replace. I am fairly handy and have replaced door seals, carbon brushes etc on my washing dryer before.

The reason I am have the issue with the condenser unit is that it is leaking as water passes through it during the wash cycle.

I am currently torn between replacing the condensing assembly myself (cost approx. £56), getting someone else to do it £100 -£120 or forgetting it and purchasing a new washing machine (as I tend to use the washing machine and rarely the dryer functionality).

Where is the leak from, is it a crack in the plastic, or the seal that joins it to the tub. I only ever had to replace one condensor tube and that was because of a large crack that couldn't be araldited. If it is the seal, they are not much money at all and not too bad to replace.

Ian Tilley

Reply to
Shrek-the-Ogre