Help!! WIERD problem with Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 Washer-dryer (WD61)

Hi all,

I'd be grateful for any advice you might be able to provide. My washer dryer has a wierd fault which has been present since i bought it 2 years ago (but i didn't realise it was a fault until my girlfriend told me so because I'd never had a washing machine before).

? what happens is that on all the washing programmes apart from one, during the first minute whilst the machine is filling with water, water leaks from the front of the powder compartment, after a minute the leak stops and the machine performs normally throughout the rest of the comlete washing cycle with good clothes cleaning results. The way I get round the problem is to momentarily turn the power switch off for a few seconds during the initial water filling stage until the water clears so that water does not leak, then turn it back on for a few seconds, then turn it off again - this process is repated 2 to 4 times during the first minute until the machine has filled and the rest of the cycle completes normally.

I've tried fiddling with the plastic divider in the powder compartment, used hot water to dissolve any possible powder blocks, cleaned the machine as best I can, made sure that I do not overfill the powder compartment, checked the machine is level, and checked that it is plumbed in correctly but none of this has helped.

Any ideas?

My wife keep moaning about this problem and keeps nagging for me to get a plumber - but would it be cheaper for me to buy a new Beko wshing machine from Comet for £160 (we never use the dryer function so don't need that)

Thanks for any info

Simon

Reply to
simon3000

On 5 Dec 2004 18:46:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (simon3000) strung together this:

Make sure that they're not both in the room at the same time. ;-)

Try turning the tap down a bit to reduce pressure in the inlet pipe.

Reply to
Lurch

Also, check machine is level. I had this on a Hotpoint where the floor sloped rather badly down away from the wall. I made up a piece of wood to go under the front wheels to make the machine level, and that stopped the leak.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel