hot works

Adam, has you apprentice been playing with a blowtorch again?
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47941794
On 15/04/2019 19:18, Andy Burns wrote:

The hunchback did it.
--
Adam

Interestingly about 10 other churches in France have been fire bombed in recent weeks, but somehow I'd imagine security on such a high profile site would have precluded that as the cause, more likely health and safety failings by the renovation crew. Brian
--
----- --
Andy Burns wrote :

Live camera - https://www.rt.com/news/456618-watch-live-fire-engulfs-notre-dame/
Looks as if the centre tower and much of the roof has collapsed.
Harry Bloomfield expressed precisely :

Scaffolding looks near collapse..
On 15/04/2019 19:42, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Yep.
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

insides of the square stone tower(s) now well alight
On 15/04/2019 19:59, Andy Burns wrote:

Bloke in the pub has just said that Nigel Farage is on his way with a toasting fork and two slices of white Warburtons sliced bread.
--
Adam

ARW wrote on 15/04/2019 :

:-)
After serious thinking Andy Burns wrote :

If you mean one of the two towers, I think was just smoke rising up through the tower. I thought they might got more appliances there and maybe water bombed it with a 'chopper.
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No, at one time there was flame showing through a large section of one of the tall openings, they've got a hose on it, they don't seem to have shown that camera angle lately, one hell of a clang if it drops the bells ...
on 15/04/2019, Andy Burns supposed :

It looks as if they have it under control now and they are walking round the balconies of the two towers.
On 15/04/2019 21:28, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

ITYWF they are there to try to stop the fire spreading to the bell tower - something fire chief has just been reported as saying they aren't confident of doing. If that tower comes down then the sky will indeed have fallen in Paris.
--
Robin
Robin wrote:

Though apparently the bells are in the tower without the flames ...
Harry Bloomfield wrote :

Sparks now, from between the twin towers..

No their not so the chief of the fire dept sez..
--
Tony Sayer

On 15/04/2019 19:18, Andy Burns wrote:

With apprentices like mine they do not need a blowtorch to set fire to things.....
It's still ongoing with the solicitors etc so I cannot name names but the claim is that the fire alarm he fitted set fire to the WMC.
--
Adam

On 15/04/2019 19:18, Andy Burns wrote:

A tragedy.
Whenever we visit Paris (it is normally part of or annual Tour de France), we make a point of having a picnic by the Seine overlooking Notre Dame.
--

Smile for the camera ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxyL2_38EsQ

On 15/04/2019 20:54, Brian Reay wrote:

An opportunity for some nice affordable housing projects.

The picnic spot will still be there.

So will Notre Dame and hopefully it wont take 200 years to restore it this time.