I like the EU

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45366390
Let's hope we implement this too.
: : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45366390 : : Let's hope we implement this too.
On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 07:46:44 -0400

Been there, done that.
"Ah, but it would be different this time!"
--
Joe

On 31/08/18 13:23, Joe wrote:

It will. Then people didn't have to hunt out all the instruction manuals to find the magic button combinations for the 25 devices around the house that don't automatically change. Or leave them an hour out for half the year.
On 8/31/2018 3:57 PM, TMS320 wrote:

I think it was proposed here last year or so. I'd like to just leave it on summer time myself. There will always be complainers though.

--
Bod

On Sat, 1 Sep 2018 07:15:48 +0100

I can't imagine why.
--
Joe

They are having that debate here too but if everyone wants permanent DST, why not just tell the shops and the government to change the hours they are open. It really just has to do with trying to optimize your daylight hours anyway. In the summer, you are sleeping long after sun up and in the winter you are going to work in the dark. It is simply an attempt to deal with that. When I was working midnight to 8 it really did not matter to me either way.
Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

+1 I would prefer summer but would suffice with either. No change at all.
--
Tekkie

"Bod" wrote in message
On 31/08/2018 21:09, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Most of us want permanent summer time, but the Scots keep vetoing it.
Bod
= It would mean it would stay very dark up here until late. Not that it would make any difference to me, but you know how Nippy Sweetie Sturgeon likes to be the one to call the shots <g>