Hose for external tap kit

I managed to snap the white plastic screw on the DIY external tap kit which has been in place for a few years at home - it had started to leak a little, I assume the seal had perished or similar, so I unscrewed, applied some PTFE tape and tightened up. Too hard!

Can you buy just the hose element? Is it simply a washing machine fitting cut down to size?

Reply to
larkim

You should be able to get a replacement at your local garden centre or DIY shed. Presume it's the fitting in the lower right corner.

You should be able to get it separately. Brass that fit directly onto the h ose are more durable but if you need the type that goes into a fitting for easier disconnection just make sure it is a good fit into your existing hos e fitting they should all fit but some are more water- tight than others.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Y shed. Presume it's the fitting in the lower right corner.

hose are more durable but if you need the type that goes into a fitting fo r easier disconnection just make sure it is a good fit into your existing h ose fitting they should all fit but some are more water- tight than others.

No, its the other end I've knacked.

e.g. the white part on the end of the green hose in this product

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Looks like a standard washing machine hose in a non standard colour with the end cut off. I don't think it will be easy to fit a new crimped end, so just buy a new hose.

John

Reply to
JohnW

I would use the Hozelock compatible brass fittings that you can find on Amazon etc

Reply to
Michael Chare