Honeywell Galaxy 2 modem setup

Hi all

I have been using a TAP gateway for some time to send a SMS to my mobile when the alarm goes off. The number I have been used stopped working and have now changed it to 0911 7329997 after I found an article on the web. Unfortunately it gives me "Comms failure" when the alarm panel tries to send the SMS. Calling the number from the landline I get the usual computer squealing sound. After a bit of searching, one reason it doesn't work is because the modem parity needs to be set to 7-e-1. I have gone through the manual and can't find any mention of this however... I do have a vague recollection that when I was going through the menu items on the panel ages ago I stumbled upon it.

Anyone have any idea where I can set it?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

can't see any mention of start/stop/data/parity bit configurastion in the Galaxy installer manuals I have

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for checking Andy. I don't suppose you have a working TAP provider with a Galaxy panel do you?

Reply to
leen...